Saturday, February 25, 2012

30 days to the Half Marathon

30 days before a half-marathon seems to be the perfect time to start writing about running. Especially if you are playing video games instead of running. So since I only post to this blog once every 2 years a few things have happened. Quick version: came back from deployment, went back to my old company, left my old company, military tour fell through, worked on a campaign, got a new job. Also, started running and ran the Baltimore Marathon and 11 other races in 2011. A little over a month ago I joined a local CrossFit gym/box/affiliate. This summer I want to see if I can combine regular CrossFit workouts with a traditional Hal Higdon marathon training program since I am signed up for the 2012 Marine Corps Marathon. At this point however, starting CrossFit has basically killed my running off, other than a few LSD runs. So if I remember I posted this tomorrow and keep up with it, you can see if I have charted a course for race disaster by trying to combine CrossFit with traditional marathon training, a diet comprised almost exclusively of processed foods, used of tobacco products, regular alcohol consumption, and insufficient sleep.

2012 Runs/Miles: 7/26.86
CrossFit WODs: 12
Last Race: Baltimore Marathon, 4:44:07
Next Race: Rock n Roll USA National Half-Marathon, Washington DC

No comments: